Raw Mango Spicy Chutney also called as mavinakai heendi is the recipe from South Canara, Udupi region of Karnataka is a seasonal delight. Mango season is incomplete without this spicy and tangy chutney. At my home we prepare most of the delicacy using mangoes during the mango season. It can be served with idli, dosa, roti or hot rice. I prefer with hot rice and coconut oil. It’s a very simple to prepare recipe and yummy to taste.
Here goes the recipe of Raw Mango Spicy Chutney or mavinakai heendi
Course: Side dish / Chutney
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 4 Nos
Raw mango pieces- 1 cup
Red chillies-5 nos
Salt- as per taste
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Menthya – 1/2 tsp
Hing- a pinch
Coconut Oil or any refined oil -1 tbsp
- Take a small pan, add oil, mustard seeds, saute well.
- Now add menthya and jeera, hing saute well.
- Now add red chillies and saute well. Cool this mixture.
- Take this mixture with raw mangoes and salt in a blender and grind into fine paste.
- Raw mango spicy chutney is ready to be served with hot rice or dosa or idly.
Adjust the spice level according to the tanginess of the mango.
It can be stored in airtight container and refrigerated for one week.
Semi sweet mangoes can also be used but the chutney becomes sweet and tangy.