Fruit Curd Rice
Curd rice or yogurt rice is one pot popular dish of South Indian meal. It is made with cooked rice and curd, seasoned with simple Indian spices. It is the comfort, soothing dish usually served at the end of any traditional meal. It is simple to prepare and refreshing to eat. Curd rice becomes healthy and heavenly with the addition of fruits of your choice.
Here is the simple recipe
Course: Main dish
Cuisine: South Indian
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 Nos
Cooked Rice – 2 cup
Curd -1 cup
Milk -1/4 cup
Fresh cream -2 tbsp
Oil -1 tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Jeera -1/2 tsp
Channa dal -1/2 tsp
Urd dal -1/2 tsp
Curry leaves -5-6 nos
Chilled Fruits (Pomogrenate seeds, green grapes, pineapple pieces and apple pieces drizzled with few drops of lemon juice) -1 cup
Salt as per taste
Ghee roasted cashews -8-10 nos
- Cool and mash lightly the pressure cooked rice. Add little milk and curd, keep aside for 10 mins.
- Now add the remaining milk, fresh cream and mix well. Keep this aside for seasoning.
- Take a pan, add mustard seeds, saute well. Now add jeera, channa dal, urd dal and curry leaves, saute well. Pour this over the curd rice, add salt and mix well.
- While serving add the chilled fruits and ghee roasted cashews.
- Serve a bowl of fruit curd rice to beat the heat.
Curd rice can be chilled for sometime and served with lemon pickle.
Fresh cream is optional and hung curd can be added instead of normal curd to make it more rich.
Grated cucumber, carrot, corn can be added to curd rice to make it more soothing and healthy.
Red chillies or green chillies can also be added.