Eggless chocochip cherry cookies recipe is a healthy bake from my kitchen. These are refined sugar free cookies. These are delicious with cherry and chocolate in every bite. I love experimenting different flours and flavors in cookies. They are healthy made of wheat flour, oats flour, jowar (Sorghum) flour, these healthy alternative flours makes these cookies highly nutritional and tasty. I have used cane sugar which is mildly sweet compared to white sugar. I have used flax egg or flax seed egg replacer which gives chewy structure to cookies (you can as well skip this if not comfortable with it).
These cookies are healthy bites with goodness of jowar and oats flour. The best part of these cookies is it very easy to prepare. These cookies taste even better the next day, as they bloom with flavors.
Let’s see how I baked these cookies with pictorial steps and video
Eggless Chocochip Cherry Cookies Recipe
- Whole wheat flour - ¾ cup
- Jowar flour - ¼ cup
- Oats flour - ¼ cup
- Butter Unsalted - 4 tbsp
- Cane sugar - ¾ cup
- Flax egg flax seed egg replacer - 1 (1 tbsp flax seed powder mixed with 3 tbsp water, kept aside for 30 minutes)
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Chocochip - ¼ cup
- Cherries these are canned (finely chopped) - 3 tbsp
- Salt a pinch
- Sieve together whole wheat flour, jowar flour, oats flour and salt.
- Cream together butter and cane sugar using an electric beater.
- Add flax egg and blend again. Now add vanilla essence and mix gently.
- Now add the flour mixture, mix gently just to bring the dough together.
- Next add the finely chopped cherries, chocochips and mix gently.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the dough and flatten them with palm into cookies.
- Place them on parchment paper lined baking tray. Bake at 175°C for 18 to 20 minutes or until the bottom turns slightly golden.
- The cookies will be soft after removing from oven but they turn crisp from outside and chewy from inside after cooling. Store them in airtight container. Serve with hot milk for kids snacks or as tea time snack
Oven temperature, time depends on individual oven settings.
I have added slightly more of cane sugar with demand from my kids. This can be adjusted as cherries do add to the overall sweetness of cookies.
For oats flour: grind the rolled oats into fine powder using a mixer jar, it can be coarsely or finely ground.
Pin it for later
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.