Fruit Punch Lassi
Fruit punch lassi is a super summer drink. Lassi is popular drink in many parts of India, it is basically a churned curd or yogurt, flavored with either sweet or savory masala. It can be plain churned curd or the blend of fruits to the traditional lassi. Flavors like cardamom, nutmeg, saffron can be used. It is thick, heavy and quite filling drink. I had few fruits in my refrigerator and wanted to clear them up, so churned it into this fruit punch lassi. Here is my version of making the lassi even healthier by adding combination of fruits rich in dietary fibre, potassium, antioxidants, flavonoids promoting healthy digestive tract. I have used custard apple, papaya, red apple and banana. This lassi can be served with breakfast, after lunch or dinner. This yogurt based fruit punch lassi has a soothing property on the digestive tract.
Here is a simple fruit punch lassi recipe
Cuisine: Indian/ Punjabi
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 2 nos
Custard apple – 2 big
Papaya pieces – ¾ cup
Red apple pieces – ½ cup
Banana – 2 medium
Yogurt (thick) or curd – 1 ½ cup
Honey – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Water as required
- Take a blender with sieve which can remove the residual seeds of custard apples and remove the pulp using this blender. Keep this aside for further use.
- Next take a high speed blender, add papaya pieces, red apple pieces, banana and puree these. Keep this aside.
- Now take a bowl, add yogurt, honey and churn using a wooden churner or wire whisk till honey blends well.
- Now add the cardamom powder, custard apple puree, other fruit puree, churn or mix once.
- Add water if required to adjust the consistency of lassi.
- Pour this fruit punch lassi into serving glass and serve it chilled or as it is.
Any fruit combination can be used.
Honey and cardamom can be adjusted as per taste.
Pulp from custard apple can be removed by hands and used directly.
Apple skin can be peeled and used.
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.