Biryani Masala Recipe
Biryani masala powder is easy to make homemade recipe.
- Coriander seeds or dhaniya - 8 tsp
- Caraway seeds or shahi jeera - 4 tsp
- Fennel seeds or Saunf - 3 tsp
- Cloves or lavang - 2 tsp
- Black pepper or kali mirch - 2 tsp
- Black cardamom or big elaichi - 4 nos
- Green cardamom or small elaichi - 9 nos
- Stone flower black or kalpasi - 6 medium sized
- Cinnamon sticks or dalchini - 10 nos (small)
- Star anise or chakra phool - 5 no
- Mace flower or javitri – 2 nos
- Bay leaf or tej patta - 2 no
- Nutmeg powder or jaiphal - ½ tsp
Heat a frying pan, start roasting the ingredients individually as listed above on medium heat until they are just hot enough or don’t contain any moisture.
Transfer the roasted whole spices into a plate and cool them. Transfer them into mixer grinder and grind into fine powder with few minute particles is completely ok.
Transfer into air tight container and store in cool dry place or refrigerator. Use this aromatic biryani masala powder to prepare delicious biryani