Whole wheat coconut eggless cookies – Learn to prepare refined flour free coconut cookies – Pavithra from Dice n Cook
Sharing is Caring !!!!
Whole wheat coconut eggless cookies step by step recipe is healthy and easy to prepare. These cookies are refined sugar and flour free makes it great for all ages. By now you people will be aware that how much cookies I bake. After I learnt the use of whole wheat flour in baking, the frequency of baking cookies is more in my kitchen. My kids love homemade cookies.
They can be made in less time with very steps to follow. The dry copra aka kobri in kannada, cardamom combined with ghee gives nice aroma to cookies. Ghee is rubbed into the flour mixture with palm, this gives a nice texture to the cookies. This is something very similar to the satee (as we call in Kannada) we give to Indian sweets
These cookies are melt in mouth kind and can be served with milk, coffee or tea, goes well with tiffinbox too. If you are looking for similar kind of cookies then click here Eggless Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe Eggless Ragi Chocolate Ganache Cookies Ginger Flavored Chocolate Cookies
So here is step by step recipe of whole wheat eggless coconut cookies
Whole Wheat Coconut Eggless Cookies RecipePavithra M Adiga
- Whole wheat flour - ¾ cup
- Besan or gram or chickpea flour - ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Cane sugar powder - ¾ cup
- Baking soda - a pinch optional
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Dry copra or kobri or coconut powder - ¼ cup slightly coarse
- Ghee soft grainy - ½ cup
- Take whole wheat flour, besan, cardamom powder, cane sugar powder, baking soda, salt and sieve for 3-4 times.
- Add dry kopra powder, mix well. Now add ghee to this and rub with fingers for 5 mins until it resembles like bread crumbs.
- Bring together the flour mixture to form the dough. Do not knead.
- Preheat the oven at 180° C for 10 minutes.
- Rest the dough for 10 minutes. Grease the palm, prepare the cookie balls, press a bit and make markings on top. Keep them on parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170° C for 15 to 18 minutes or until the bottom turns slightly golden. Remove the tray and after 2 minutes carefully remove them and cool on wire rack. The cookies will be soft when hot but they become melt in mouth as they cool. Store in airtight containers and remains good for one week.
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.