Udupi Style Mango Rasayana Recipe – How to prepare mango rasayana – Pavithra from Dice n Cook
Mango/ Mavina hannu rasayana or seekarane recipe from Udupi or any region from coastal Karnataka is seasonal delight during mango season. It is also called as aamras in north regions of India which is prepared without coconut. This is simple, homely, non-restaurant dessert which is common in my house during mango season. This recipe is cooking without fire, quick, can be prepared in minutes to relish your sweet tooth. There are many ways of preparing rasayana and this is one of the methods. This goes well as a side dish for poori, dosa, kadabu and served alone gives a feeling of mango mazza.
Here is simple recipe of Mango/ Mavina hannu rasayana or seekarane
Course: Dessert / Side Dish
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 4 Nos
Ripe Mangoes – 4 nos
Coconut gratings-1/2 cup
Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
Milk- 1/4 cup
Sugar-1 /2 cup
- Remove the skin of mangoes, cut two mangoes into small cubes. Keep this aside.
- Blend the pulp of other two mangoes into puree. Keep this aside.
- Take a mixer jar, add coconut gratings, cardamom powder and sugar and grind this into fine paste.
- Take a big bowl; mix together cubed mangoes, mango puree and coconut paste.
- Now mix everything properly and add required quantity of milk to adjust the consistency of rasayana.
Any mango variety can be used for the rasayana
Jaggery can be used instead of sugar. The quantity of sugar or jaggery depends on the sweetness of mangoes.
Cardamom powder can be replaced with nutmeg powder or can be skipped.
Coconut milk can also be used instead of coconut paste.