Thin Poha Masala / Avalakki Masala
It’s a jat pata tea time snack. Its summer vacation, all mothers are wondering what to prepare instantly as snacks for their kids. Here is one simple thin poha masala or avalakki masala recipe which I learnt from my mother and mother-in-law. Myself and kids enjoy this with thick curd.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 2 nos
Thin poha – 1 cup
Fresh grated coconut – ¼ cup
Jaggery liquid/grated / joney bella – 2 tbsp
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Red chillies- 2 nos
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Urd dal-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-3-5 nos
Salt to taste
Water- 1 tbsp or little less
- Take a small kadai or pan, add oil, mustard seeds, sauté well.
- Now add urd dal, curry leaves and red chillies. Saute well.
- To the above add turmeric powder, coconut gratings, mix well.
- Switch off and cool this mixture.
- Take a big bowl, add the seasoning, jaggery, salt and crush this properly to get a coarse masala
- Now add the thin poha, sprinkle some water and mix properly so that the masala is incorporated well into the poha.
- Now it’s ready to be served with a cup of curd.
If less water is used, it can be stored for more than two days in airtight container.