Paneer butter masala is a rich creamy buttery gravy recipe. This is a quick and delicious gravy prepared in just less than 30 minutes. This is a low calorie varied version compared to usual high calorie paneer butter masala.
It’s one of the popular paneer dishes prepared and relished by most of the Indians. This gravy is a great pair with naan, roti, chapati, pulkas or any other Indian flat bread.
The usual restaurant style paneer butter masala gravy is prepared using cashew paste but here I have used muskmelon seeds paste to give a nutty and creamy texture. I must confess, there was no compromise with the taste compared to traditional one. If you are a paneer lover then this is a must try side dish recipe.
So here goes the recipe
Paneer Butter Masala
- Paneer cubes-1 cup
- Fresh cream-1 cup Amul
- Onion chopped -1/2 cup
- Tomato cubes-1/2 cup
- Ginger pieces-1 tsp
- Garlic pieces-1tsp
- Muskmelon seeds soaked in water-1 tbsp
- Green chillies-2 no
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder - 1 tsp optional
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Butter -2 tbsp
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Cumin or jeera powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat little oil in a kadai, add onion pieces and garlic pieces fry well.
- Now add tomato pieces, ginger pieces, fry well. Cool.
- Grind this mixture with soaked muskmelon seeds, green chillies, keep aside.
- Immerse the Paneer cubes in warm water for 2 mins. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a thick kadai, add oil, butter, mustard seeds saute well. Now add onion tomato garlic ginger paste, saute well.
- Add all the dry powders, salt, mix well. Reduce the flame and add cream with continued stirring and bring it to boil.
- At the end add paneer cubes, bring it to one boil.
- Serve hot with any Indian bread.
Pin it for later
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.