Methi/ Fenugreek Mixed Vegetable Paratha Recipe – Learn to prepare Paratha an Indian flatbread – Pavithra from Dice n Cook
Methi or fenugreek mixed vegetable paratha recipe is the simplest and delicious paratha. Parathas are unleavened Indian flat bread, can be prepared with any local masala and vegetables of choice. I love preparing parathas as they are easy to prepare and highly nutritious. These paratha are thicker than normal chapati and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
These parathas can be prepared either by stuffing or by simply mixing with flours. Whenever I am lazy to prepare subzi for chapatti or have to make my kids eat the veggies they are not interested, this is how I prepare and feed my family.
I love the aroma of methi leaves and often end up making lots of dishes with it. Methi leaves are aromatic and iron rich, it pairs well with vitamin C rich cabbage and starchy sweet corn. By combining all these, you can boost flavour and nutrient content of paratha. It is a great accompaniment to curd, butter and lemon pickle. These form a very good tiffin box snack too.
Below is the stepwise recipe, do try this and have a nutritious meal
Methi/ Fenugreek Mixed Vegetable Paratha Recipe
- Whole wheat flour - 1½ cup
- Corn meal flour - ½ cup
- Refined oil - ¼ cup
- Cumin or jeera -1 tsp
- Onion finely chopped- ¾ cup
- Garlic finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Methi or fenugreek leaves chopped -2 cups
- Sweet corn cooked - ¾ cup
- Green chili - 3-4 nos
- Cabbage cooked - ¾ cup
- Chat masala - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Take a fine chopper, add cooked sweet corn and green chilli, coarsely mash them. Keep this aside.
- Take a pan, add oil, sauté cumin, next sauté finely chopped onion and garlic.
- Add the chopped methi leaves and fry until it becomes soft.
- Add mashed sweet corn and green chilli paste. Mix well.
- Now add the cooked cabbage and mix well. At the end add chat masala, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix everything once and cook on medium flame until the masala becomes slightly dry.
- Cool the mixture and later add corn meal, mix the dough.
- Finally add whole wheat flour, adjust salt and little oil, mix everything without water to prepare smooth and soft dough.
- Close and keep for 15 mins. Take small dough balls and roll them into thick paratha. Cook on hot tawa with generous amount of oil. Cook on both sides until light brown spots are seen. Serve these hot methi mix vegetable paratha with lemon pickle and thick sweet curd.
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.