King of Indian Fruits that is Mango is harvested during the month of March and stays till May-June. Mangoes are tropical delight with a host of nutrients and phytochemicals. The fiber content of mango helps to control constipation. Some of the flavonoids in mango are believed to stimulate immune system. Vitamin C content in the pulp helps in maintaining the alkali reserve in the body. They are rich in natural sugars so people on weight loss diet beware of consuming too much of mangoes.
Here is a simple flavorful cupcake made of whole wheat flour and coconut mango rasayana. Mango Rasayana or Seekarane is the traditional simple dessert prepared by Mangaloreans or South Canara region during the mango season and relished with dosa, chapati and poori.
Here goes the recipe
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
No of cup cakes: 8 nos
Wheat flour – ¾ cup
Baking powder- ½ tsp
Baking soda – ¼ tsp
Mango rasayana – ¾ cup
Salt- a pinch
- Sieve together wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda for 8- 10 times.
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C for 10 mins.
- Take a big bowl with the sieved flour, now add in the mango rasayana, oil and gently fold to get lump free batter. If you feel the batter is thick, little milk can be added and consistency can be adjusted.
- Pour this batter into lined cupcake trays and bake at 180 °C for 25 mins.
- Cool the cup cakes and serve them
Oven temperature settings vary from individual ovens.
The consistency of batter is usually thick but it can be made slightly thin by adding little milk.