Mango dosa is a unique flavored dosa. During mango season, when we are clueless on what to prepare for breakfast, this is the best to serve with mild sweetish tangy taste. This recipe is adopted from foodie group with few modifications posted by Sadashiva Rao Mailankody and Nalini Mailankody from Raaga Kitchen. It’s easy to prepare with very few ingredients and very tasty to relish. It can be served with any South Indian chutney and mango pickle also compliments to the taste.
Here is the simple recipe to follow
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Mangoes- 2 nos (medium sized)
Dosa Rice – 1 ½ cup
Roasted Jeera- 1 tsp
Green chilli- 1 no
Salt as per taste
Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Soak dosa rice for two hours in water. Meantime chop mangoes into small cubes and keep aside for further use.
- After two hours, grind little rice and half of mango cubes along with jeera, green chilli into very fine paste. Now add the remaining rice, mango cubes to prepare a fine batter.
- Add required quantity of water and salt as per taste to the batter.
- Heat the iron skillet or non-stick dosa tawa, prepare thin dosa and on top apply ghee to get extra aroma and crispiness.
- Serve this aromatic dosa with any chutney or pickle of choice.
Any mango variety can be used for dosa batter.
Depending on the sweetness of the mango little sugar or jaggery can be used during grinding.
The consistency of dosa should be neither very thick nor too thin.