Eggless Coconut Flour Brownies – Learn to prepare glutenfree brownies – Pavithra from Dice n Cook
Eggless Coconut Flour Brownies recipe yields incredibly fudgy, gooey brownies. This recipe is refined sugar free, refined flour free, no butter or oil, nut-free and glutenfree. Any one not aware of coconut flour, so here it is coconut flour is delicious, healthy and airy light to touch. It is very rich in fibre, protein, low sugar and low calories. Coconut flour can be prepared at home from the coconut meal that is leftover after extracting coconut milk. So you get both coconut milk and flour at one go.
I have been using this coconut meal though never made a flour of it, in many of my cooking recipes like chutney powder, chutney, sambhar, vegan ice creams, replaced them with bread crumbs. Recently read a blog post from my friend Shri Kripa on how she used coconut flour in baking cookies. So wanted to try this flour in baking, my family love brownies and so decided on eggless brownies.
I have already baked twice in a week now. We loved the taste of these delectable brownies. I have used cane sugar instead of refined sugar and applesauce as egg replacement in preparing these brownies.
Coconut flour absorbs more water compared to other flours. When I baked these brownies for the first time, they turned slightly dry and crumbly, next time increased the liquid content. So I feel equal proportions of liquid to flour ratio is always useful to get a good result. The texture was amazing.
The brownies were soft, gooey, moist chocolaty and totally a gut friendly recipe; if you love coconut flavour then this is a must try brownie recipe.
Now let’s check the recipe with step by step procedure
Eggless Coconut Flour Brownies Recipe
For Homemade coconut flour:
- Coconut meal (After removing coconut milk) - 1 ¼ cup
For apple sauce:
- Apple - 1 medium sized
- Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar - ½ tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - ¼ tsp
- Water - ¾ cup
- Coconut flour - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder - ¼ cup
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Cane sugar powder - ¾ cup
- Apple sauce - ½ cup
- Curd thick - ½ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Dark chocolate chunks - 2 tbsp
Coconut flour preparation:
- Preheat the oven at 100°C for 10 minutes. Spread the coconut meal evenly flat after removing the milk on the baking tray.
- Bake at 80°C for 1 hour, until they dry or dehydrate completely. Keep checking at intervals and care to be taken not to burn or toast the coconut meal.
- Finally I got one cup of coconut flour after dehydrating process. This is cooled, stored in air tight container and used as coconut flour. This can be made fine powder or used as it is. I have used it as it is, wanted grainy structure in my brownies.
Apple sauce preparation:
- Cut de-skinned apple into cubes and heat them in a pan with water, vinegar, cinnamon powder. Cook until apple pieces become soft. Cool this mixture and grind into fine paste. Keep this apple sauce for further use.
- Preheat the oven at 180° C for 10 minutes.
- Take a bowl, add coconut flour, coco powder. Mix well with ballon whisk.
- Next add baking soda, salt and powdered cane sugar. Mix well.
- Add apple sauce and mix well. Next add curd and mix gently.
- Add vanilla essence and gently mix. Pour this mixture into lined tray, sprinkle the chocolate chunks on top. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean with few crumbs.
- Remove the brownie tray from oven after 2 minutes to room temperature. Let Cool completely before slicing them and serving. If you feel brownies are a bit crumble, always refrigerate for some time and then slice them.
- It will be gooey, soft, chocolatey and can be refrigerated if anything left.
Pictures of Coconut flour
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.