Eggless cashew butter cookies recipe with step by step photos. These are melt in mouth and delicious. Butter cookies mainly consist of butter, sugar and flour. Many variations to butter cookies depend on different flavors used in the cookies. These cookies are my kids favorite and I send them in lunch box too as they are homemade and healthy. These cookies go well with a cup of milk or coffee and I don’t mind having them as it is.
These are healthy with whole wheat flour, free of refined sugar which is replaced with cane sugar. I usually prefer using cane sugar, coconut sugar or brown sugar over refined sugar in cookies which gives nice flavor to the cookies. I have used rose essence for flavor and custard powder to give cream color to cookies. The cashew nut pieces on outer surface give a crunch to the cookies. Totally a melt in mouth butter cookies.
If you are looking for similar recipes, do check the following Nutty White Lava Cookies Ginger Flavored Chocolate Cookies Custard Melting Moments Moong Dal Peanut Nankhatai Eggless Ragi Chocolate Ganache Cookies
Below is the detailed recipe with step by step photos of how to prepare eggless cashew butter cookies
Eggless Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Butter unsalted - 6 tbsp
- Cane sugar - 1 cup
- Custard powder - 2 tbsp
- Rose essence - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - ¼ tsp optional
- Cashewnut coarse powder - ¾ cup
- Salt a pinch
- Sieve together whole wheat flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add butter and cane sugar, beat on high speed for a minute using electric blender. It becomes smooth and creamy.
- Now add rose essence, custard powder and mix well with electric blender.
- Now add sieved whole wheat flour and combine to form dough.
- Prepare a thick log of the dough, roll the dough in coarsely ground cashew.
- Refrigerate the log wrapped in parchment paper for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180° C for 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the log and slice into cookies.
- Place the cookies on parchment lined baking tray and bake at 160 °C for 20 minutes or until the bottom turns slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- The cookies will be soft when hot but they become melt in mouth as they cool. Store in air tight container.
- Serve these eggless cashew cookies with plain milk.
Oven temperature and time depends on individual ovens. So care should be taken not to burn them.
Baking soda is optional, I have used it to give texture to cookies. This can be skipped in the process.
Cane sugar is mildly sweet, so I have used more quantity. The quantity can be reduced.
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.