Eggless almond ghee residue biscuits are healthy and tasty.
The main healthy ingredient in this bake is ghee residue, which is a diary byproduct obtained during ghee preparation.
This is a refined sugar free, refined flour free recipe with goodness of almond and whole wheat flour. These ghee residue biscuits are crunchy and munchy.
The other healthy ingredient in this biscuits is ghee residue. After making ghee, we always used to throw away the residue. Thanks to my food blogger friend Shri kripa, for let us know the use of this ghee residue in cooking through her baking recipes. It’s been long time since wanted to try ghee residue in baking cookies.
How to make homemade ghee and ghee residue?
Ghee is an integral part of Indian cooking and Ayurveda medicine. It makes the dish delicious and flavorful. Ghee can be prepared at home very easily.
Ghee preparation method I follow is collect the thick cream everyday from milk, refrigerate in airtight container. Next churn the cream with a tablespoon of curd using a mixer jar. Collect the butter from top and separate the buttermilk. Heat the butter on medium flame, ghee separates from the residue.
Collect the ghee residue and use this healthy ingredient for baking or chapati dough preparation. During age old days, ghee residue was used for massaging children, as it is nutritionally high with essential fattyacids. In this recipe, I have used less of butter than normal replacing it with ghee residue and this is blessing in disguise when you have less butter in your pantry.
We love this Eggless Almond Ghee Residue Biscuits and bake this whenever I prepare ghee at home. Do try this crunchy biscuits and serve with hot milk or coffee.
If you want to bake healthy goodies do check the following recipes and there are many more in the archives
Do not miss a recipe, sign up for updates from Dice n Cook
Eggless Almond Ghee Residue Biscuits
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Almond or badam – 20 no
- Ghee residue – 3 tbsp
- Butter (Unsalted) – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2 or 3 no
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp or pinch (optional)
- Cane sugar – ¾ cup
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 175°C for 10 minutes.Take a mixer jar, powder almonds and cardamom together. Keep this aside.
- Mix together butter and ghee residue nicely, so that both blend together well.
- Now add almond powder, cane sugar and whole wheat flour, baking soda, mix gently with fingers.
- Add milk and prepare the dough, do not knead, rest the dough at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into required shape, cut into biscuit shapes.
- Place the biscuits on parchment paper lined baking tray. Bake them at 175°C for 18 to 20 minutes or until the sides are slightly golden.
- Remove the biscuits and cool them on wire racks. Cool them completely and store in air tight container. These biscuits stay fresh for a week.
Pin it for later
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.
If you like my recipes and food photography do follow me
If you happen to try any of my recipes do tag me with your photos and feedback. I would love to hear your review and suggestion. So do comment below
Pavithra M Adiga
I am a passionate foodie and food photographer with love to document easy, simple to follow, healthy vegetarian recipes in Dice n Cook.