Curry Leaves Tambuli
Curry leaves are loaded with health benefits. It contains many vitamins mainly Vit-A and antioxidants. Mangaloreans cook different tambuli or spicy flavored buttermilk in their daily menu. This is one such tambuli prepared using either curd or buttermilk and curry leaves. This can be either served as a drink or with hot rice. Its very simple to prepare and good to relish during summer.
Do try this simple recipe
Course: Side Dish
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 4 Nos
Curry leaves – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Sugar -1 tsp
Coconut gratings – 1/2 cup
Curd- 3/4 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Fry curry leaves till they turn crispy. Cool the leaves
- Add jeera and fry for few seconds.
- Grind into fine paste with coconut gratings, sugar and salt. Add this into a bowl and keep aside.
- Now beat the curd and add little water to curd.
- Add this thin curd into the curry leaves paste. Do the tempering using ghee and mustard seeds.
- Serve with hot rice and as drink during hot summer.
Buttermilk can be used instead of curd.
Frying the curry leaves, helps to give a nice aroma.