Carrot Kesar Ice Cream
Summer has arrived and in full swing, here is a recipe to cool the heat. Carrot kesar ice cream is one such delicious summer treat. Making homemade ice creams is easier and tastier than store brought. Last summer, I had prepared carrot gelato, with gelato recipe from my friend Shrikripa. This year a different version with carrot and kesar or saffron flavors. This requires no ice cream maker, no churn and the flavor of kesar adds the richness to otherwise silky, luscious classic carrot ice cream. It’s a pretty simple recipe whip the cream, mix the carrot kesar milk mixture and freeze it. Done and incredibly smooth and creamy ice cream is ready, you would never say no to it. My family and kids loved it. AND my better half says you make better than store brought ones!!!!! Happy me.
Lets see the recipe now
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins (Excludes freezing time)
Serves: 5 nos
Carrot grated (fine) – 1 cup
Kesar or saffron- ¾ tsp
Milk powder- 2 tbsp
Fresh cream- 400 ml (Amul 30% fat)
Condensed milk- 250 ml
Milk – ¾ cup
Hot milk- 2 tbsp
- Take hot milk in a bowl and add kesar or saffron to this and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook grated carrot with little quantity of milk until they are soft. Cool this and keep aside for further use.
- Grind half the quantity of cooked carrot into fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat remaining milk on medium flame, add milk powder and boil for a minute with continuous stirring. Switch off. Add the carrot paste, remaining cooked grated carrot, kesar milk, condensed milk and mix well. Cool this carrot kesar mixture.
- In a chilled bowl kept in ice cubes tray, whip fresh cream for 8 to 10 minutes on medium speed, until they form soft peaks. Now add the cooled carrot kesar mixture to the whipped cream and mix gently.
- Now pour this ice cream mixture into a container with tight lid. Close the lid and freeze in refrigerator. If you feel there is ice crystal formation, mix the ice cream once. Close again and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Carrot kesar ice cream is ready to be served.
The quantity of kesar or saffron can be increased depending on individual taste.
The quantity of condensed milk can be increased depending on individual taste. We like mild sweet as the carrot also imparts some amount of sweetness.
Use a chilled bowl, whipping rods, ice cubes during whipping of cream.
Use a close tight lid to prevent ice crystal formation during freezing.
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.