Baked sweet potato sticks recipe is glutenfree, vegan, is a good option for kids snacks and tiffin box. In India we call sweet potato as shakarakand (hindi) or sihi genasu (kannada) and used in many savory, sweet dishes. Sweet potatoes are rich starchy tuberous root high in fiber, vitamin A, B, C, potassium and other minerals. They promote healthy digestive system. Moderate consumption of sweet potatoes is good for overall body health. We usually find white sweet potatoes varieties in India. There are varieties which are purple, yellow, orange in colour.
This is a very easy to prepare and no fuss recipe. This recipe requires very less oil compared to traditional method of tawa fry. Sweet potatoes are versatile; it can take up any masala that you add to them. So the below mentioned masala can be replaced with choice of interest. These are healthy and delicious too.
Below is the step by step recipe
Baked Sweet Potato Sticks Recipe
- Sweet potatoes - 1 big
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Mixed herbs - ½ tbsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder - ½ tbsp
- Red chili powder - ½ tbsp
- Sea salt as per taste
- Preheat the oven at 200°C for 10 mins.
- Cut the deskinned sweet potatoes into even sized sticks. (Keep these in water if you are not using it immediately to avoid discolouration)
- Take these sticks in a bowl and add olive oil such that it coats evenly. Keep this aside.
- Take another bowl, add corn flour, mixed herbs, Kashmiri red chili powder, red chili powder, sea salt (as per taste). Mix the spices well.
- Add the spice mixture to the oil coated sweet potato sticks. Mix well for even coating.
- Place the coated sticks evenly on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Bake at 200°C, after 15 minutes of baking, reverse the half baked sticks and bake again until done (approximately 15 mins).
- Remove from oven and serve with any dip of choice. I served it with tomato sauce.
Pin it for later
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.