Avocado/Butterfruit Paneer Paratha
Avocado (Butterfruit) paneer paratha is highly nutritious. Avocados are great source of vitamins, magnesium and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene and omega-3 fatty acids. Though avocado is filled with calorie, low fat paneer is homemade and they form a healthy combination. These parathas are soft, filled with flavors and easy to prepare.
Here is a simple and healthy recipe
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 nos
Avocado- 2 (ripen)
Low fat paneer – ¼ cup
Whole wheat flour- 1 ½ cup
Coriander powder- 2 tsp
Dry mango or amchur powder- 2 tsp
Red chili powder- 1 tbsp
Roasted cumin or jeera powder-1 tsp
Garam masala- 2 tsp
Oil- ¼ cup
Salt as per taste
Flour for dusting
- Peel the skin of avocado and take out the pulp.
- Take a bowl, mash the pulp into fine paste using potato masher.
- Add the crumbled paneer to the mashed avocado. Mix well.
- Now the dry powder like coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder, garam masala and red chili powder, salt. Mix well to form uniform mixture.
- Add whole wheat flour to the avocado paneer mixture and prepare soft dough with water.
- Smear oil on surface of dough and rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Take each dough ball dust some flour and roll out thick paratha with the help of rolling pin.
- Heat the tawa, smear oil and cook the paratha on both the sides. Serve hot with thick curd, lemon pickle, tomato sauce.
No extra water is required to prepare the dough.
Fully ripe avocado is used to get best results.
Ghee can be used while cooking the paratha to give a nice roast and flavor.
Any kind of dry masala can be added since avocado is flavorless and takes up the flavor of masala