Apple Cream Cheese Nutty Ice Cream
Ice cream and ice cream with rising temperature in this part of the world. Homemade ice creams with infinite flavors are a welcome for hot summers. Homemade ice creams are always healthier option with no preservatives and artificial colours. And more on my family loves homemade ice creams. With full fledged summer vacations, last one month has been real storm in my kitchen with so many dishes and this apple cream cheese nutty ice cream recipe is one such creamy delight from my kitchen.
Apple cream cheese nutty ice cream is insanely delicious with blend of crunchy apple pieces and peanut brittles. Since long wanted to try my hands with homemade cream cheese and got a full proof recipe of my friend Shrikripa. Finally tried it and cream cheese is creamy soft, slightly tangy, sweetish with added salt to taste. So had to try this homemade cream cheese in my cooking. There are many recipes on social medias using cream cheese in ice cream, I have prepared this yummillious rich delicious ice cream in my own way. If you are a fan of cream cheese then this is a must try recipe. Adding nuts and choco chips gives a nice crunch to the ice cream. Had few peanut brittles in my pantry, so had no second thought, crushed it and added.
So here I am sharing the recipe of this apple cream cheese nutty ice cream which I prepared few days back, every bite has feeling of eating cheesecake.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 hrs
For cream cheese:
Full fat milk- ¾ ltr
Citric acid- ½ tsp
Thick curd – ¾ tbsp
Salt a pinch
Muslin cloth or fine mesh
For caramelized apple:
Apple cubes-1 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Water – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
For ice cream:
Homemade cream cheese – 170 gm
Fresh cream (Amul chilled) – 250 ml
Condensed milk – 250gm
Icing sugar – 3 tbsp
Apples pieces (caramelized) – 1 cup
Peanut brittles or chikki crushed – ½ cup
Choco chips – ¼ cup
Ice cubes – 1 cup
Chilled steel bowl
Homemade cream cheese:
- Heat full fat milk in a vessel. As it starts to boil, add citric acid, mix gently until all the curdled mixture settles at the top leaving the whey behind.
- Remove the cheese or curdled mixture from whey by sieving through the muslin cloth.
- Remove the water content from the curdled mixture or cheese by hanging for 15 minutes.
- Now add thick curd to the above cheese, mix and churn using a food processor.
- Take this in muslin cloth and remove any excess water content from cheese by hanging for few minutes. I got 170gm of cream cheese.
- Store this cream cheese in refrigerator and use it when required. Stays good for 3 to 4 days when refrigerated.
- Take a pan; add apple cubes, sugar and water. Heat the mixture.
- Add lemon juice, boil once as the syrup reduces and coats well to the apple pieces. Cool this caramelized apple cubes.
- Take a bowl, beat cream cheese, add condensed milk and beat again until it becomes creamy or uniform mixture.
- Now add the caramelized apple mixture, crushed peanut brittles into the mixture.
- Whip the fresh cream on low speed for 2 minutes in a chilled vessel placed on ice cubes, add icing sugar slowly and beat at high speed, when the cream reaches soft peaks, refrigerate the whipped cream until use.
- Slowly add the refrigerated fresh whipped cream, chocochips to cream cheese mixture and gently mix everything.
- Pour this into airtight containers; freeze for 2 hours, after two hours mix everything gently. Freeze overnight or until the ice cream sets.
Store brought cream cheese can be used.
Any form of crushed nuts can be used instead of peanut brittles.
I have used quite big apple pieces instead very small pieces of apples can be used.
Dear readers, I am grateful for the time you have taken to read my posts which means a lot to me. Thank you.