Guacamole (Spanish word) is a dip or spread which originated from Mexico. Guacamole is an avocado based dip. Avocados are healthy bunch of fruits. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, high in fibre, carotenoids, saturated and monounsaturated fat. The right way to make a perfect guacamole is using fully ripe avocados. It is mainly used in sandwiches, spread, salad. Now this is our family favorite sandwich spread and if you want to check few more recipes using avocado then check the link brownie and pickle
Here goes the easy recipe
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 2 nos
Avocado (ripe) -2 nos
Olive oil-2 tbsp
Green chili paste-1 tbsp
Lemon juice- 1/2 tbsp
Lemon zest-1 tsp
Oregano- 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Black pepper powder-1 tsp
- Cut the avocado into two halves, scoop out the pulp and mash it. Add this into blender.
- Add cheese, green chili paste, olive oil, oregano, lemon juice and zest, sugar. Give a single whip to mix the ingredients.
- Take this into a bowl, add salt and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Guacamole or Avocado dip is ready to be used in sandwiches, dips or for parathas.
- This can be refrigerated and used for 2- 4 days.
Feel free to experiment with the ingredients by keeping avocado and salt as base. Guacamole can be made smooth or chunky depending on individual taste.
Add lemon juice immediately to prevent browning.
Tomato, onion or any other veggie can be added and used for sandwich spread.
Adding cheese is optional, this can be substituted with tofu or paneer.