It’s rich creamy, aromatic fudge made of milk and its products. It’s very simple to prepare with no fuss. The rava or semolina or sooji can be replaced with other flours like besan, maida or wheat flour. Do try this simple dessert suitable for any occasion.
Here is the recipe
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Serves: 8 nos
Milk -1 cup
Thick fresh malai- ½ cup
Ghee – ½ cup
Fine rava or sooji or semolina – 1 cup
Sugar- 2 cups
Badam pieces- 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Take a thick bottom pan, add milk and sugar.
- Allow the milk to boil on medium flame with continuous stirring.
- Take another pan, heat ghee, add fine sooji and fry well.
- Add the fried rava to the sugar milk mixture and continue to stir.
- Now add the thick fresh malai, cardamom powder to this and stir further.
- At one point, the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now pour this mixture into greased tray and garnish with almond pieces.
- Allow it to cool and after they cool cut into pieces.
- Store these milk sooji fudges in airtight containers.
Fresh malai can be replaced with little more of ghee.
Sooji can be replaced with any flour of choice like besan, wheat flour, maida.
This fudge can be made soft or slight hard in consistency.