These are vanilla flavored custard powder cookies made with very few ingredients. It’s a healthy bake made of whole wheat flour, brown sugar. It forms a great snack for kids. They are just melt in mouth with outer crisp layer.
Here is the simple recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 nos
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Vanilla flavored custard powder – ¼ cup
Powdered brown sugar – ½ cup
Unsalted butter – ½ cup
Crushed corn flakes – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Beat butter in a bowl with electric beater until it becomes creamy.
- Now add powdered sugar and beat again until they blend well.
- Now add custard powder and mix with a spatula.
- To the above mixture, add wheat flour in batches and mix well to form dough.
- Prepare small roundels or cookies and roll them in crushed corn flakes.
- Place them on parchment paper placed on baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 20 mins or until the bottom turns slight golden.
- Remove from oven and cool them on wire rack after 3-4 minutes for cooling
- The cookies are soft when hot but they become hard as they cool.
- These cookies are crisp from outside and melt in mouth from inside.
Temperature and time settings depend on individual oven.
Cornflakes are crushed using hand for the extra crunch. It can also be coarsely powdered using mixer.
Creaming of butter and sugar is very important step.
Sugar quantity can be reduced based on individual preferences.