It’s rich creamy buttery gravy that goes well with any of the Indian flat bread. It’s one of the popular paneer dishes prepared and relished by most of the Indians. The usual restaurant style gravy is prepared using cashew paste but here I have used muskmelon seeds paste to give a nutty and creamy texture. I must confess, there was no compromise with the taste compared to traditional one.
So here goes the recipe.
Cuisine: North Indian
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serves: 3 nos
Paneer cubes-1 cup
Onion chopped -1/2 cup
Tomato cubes-1/2 cup
Ginger pieces-1 tsp
Muskmelon seeds soaked in water-1 tbsp
Green chillies-2 no
Red chilli powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Butter -2 tbsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Jeera powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Take little oil in a kadai, add onion, garlic fry well.
- Now add tomato pieces, ginger pieces, fry well. Cool.
- Grind this mixture with soaked muskmelon seeds, green chillies, keep aside.
- Immerse the Paneer cubes in warm water for 2 mins. Drain and keep aside.
- Take a thick kadai, add oil, butter, mustard seeds saute well. Now add onion tomato garlic ginger paste, saute well.
- Add all the dry powders, salt, mix well. Reduce the flame and add cream with continued stirring and bring it to boil.
- At the end add Paneer cubes, bring it to one boil.
- Serve hot with any Indian bread.
Do not overcook the paneer as it tends to break down into pieces. Muskmelon seeds can be replaced with cashew soaked in water or milk for rich flavor of gravy.